Sunday, February 26, 2006

Imperfect Attendance

I am the worst Blahger on the planet. Although, it is pretty typical for me to be all excited about something at the start and then slowly lose interest along the way. I haven't lost interest in this here blahG, not by a long shot. I just got sidetracked by a little thing I like to call SNOT.

I traveled to Memphis last week for work and, as I am want to do, I got sick. LA-B says he isn't going to let me travel anymore because I seem to get the flu every time I step foot on an airplane. Yes, I took Airborne. I washed my hands whenever I went to the bathroom. I tried to hold my breath whenever possible and I didn't touch the inflight magazines. It doesn't matter. Those nasty little germies found their way to my airspace and crawled up into my nose and made their way down into my chest where they began to produce a hellacious cough. I had a fever of 102 for a couple of days and am just now getting to the point where I don't have to walk around with a box of Kleenex at all times.

So, that's what I've been doing. But I promise to try to be better about posting.

3 Comments:

Blogger evilisgood said...

Poor sick Auntie. BLAHgging is not nearly as important as your well-being. If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.

1:10 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger The Editor said...

I read (somewhere) recently that a contributing factor for people getting sick after airline travel is due to the dried, canned, recirculated air inside the cabin. The defense? Saline nasal spray. It keep the nasal passages wet, thus helping to filter out all the airborn buggy wuggies.

It's a cheap solution and worth a try.

3:29 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Joe Powell said...

So ... its' "snot" that you haven't wanted to Blagh (is that an Irish spelling?) and it's "snot" for lack of ideas to Blagh about ...

But I can appreciate that your cup "runny" over the things you "nose" you could Blagh about.

Shuting up now.

8:11 AM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...