Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nuttin

I really don't have much of anything to say tonight. But, I noticed it had been a few days since I ranted so I thought I should post SOMETHING.

Here's what I am bugged about right now. I belong to a web-ring ( I think that is what it is called) of knitters called Stitch n' Bitch. It's a revolution of modern stitchrrrs. The very talented and wonderful matriarch of this group, Debbie Stoller, has published a couple of books full of cool patterns by members of this group. Now, all of a sudden, some pansy ass company has gone and trademarked the name Stitch & Bitch. I don't really understand all the intricacies of trademark and copyright law, but I know that Yahoo made all of the Stitch N' Bitch groups in all of the cities (and there were HUNDREDS of them) change the name of the group to SnB. It sucks. Honestly. This was a grass roots, web based community of artists who inspired and supported each other and some not so big corporate asshole comes along and rips us off. The nerve.

I am a low girl on this totem pole of information so don't look to me for any of the deets, but I urge you to boycott this company and support your local Stitch N Bitch pals. I suppose I should tell you the name of the asshole company, but I don't want to give them any extra space.

Hey, I guess I DID have something to say after all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a little more info from the Queen bitch herself, Debbie Stoller.

9:49 AM, January 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...