Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Very Merry RX


Wow, so many remedies. What's a gal to do? So far I have...
  1. held my head over a pot of boiling water that contained some liquid Vicks Vapo-rub (as close to Eucalyptus as I had on hand)
  2. took a hot shower (what exactly is a shower puck? Is it like those things they put in urinals?)
  3. snorted some Zicam (then promptly sneezed which of course sent the very expensive Zicam onto my pink kleenex tissue. And since the instructions warn not to snort more than twice a day, I was too afraid to resnort)
  4. drank some cran-squirt in a sippie cup (1 part cranberry juice + 2 parts Squirt=YUM!!!)
  5. took a nap with Basquiat and my 2 kitties. (The movie was on Showtime and the cats were on the bed)
I woke up in time to see Jean-Michel die and found myself feeling a tad bit better. There is still an ocean of snot in my right nostril, but the headache has lessoned to a dull thud. I think I'll live. Thanks for all the advice.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

OK, so it's some sort of eucalyptus puck that you put in the shower with you and the hot water makes it all vapory and helps clear your sinuses.

Pretty neat.

11:39 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger Kelvis said...

Puck'n A that sounds cool. I'm going to go find one today. If I can't find it, though, I'm going to look into a minty "flavored" urinal puck. Seems like it might do the same thing.

12:52 PM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

yes the zicam is sneezy. i had the same issue. if you can hold out for at least a minute, it will be worth it. though. yikes! hope you are better soon.

stace

10:03 PM, January 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...