Friday, January 06, 2006

Whitney at Koo Koo Roo


OK, so, I admit I am a tv junkie. I am. It probably has something to do with the fact that my parents worked for a tv manufacturer and growing up we had as many tv's as people in our house. At present, LA Barabbas and I have 4 tv's in our house. That's about 3 more than he would like I think.

Anyway, as part of my junkiedom, I watch some reality shows now and then. One of those shows that I never actually made an appointment of, but do stop to ogle when I pass it surfing, is "Being Bobby Brown." Not so much because I was a big New Edition fan or anything. But, that Whitney Houston is a nut job. Come on. If you haven't seen it, you really should do yourself a favor and check out just a few minutes of it. No matter how crazy you think you are, you will feel totally sane when you see this whacko.

So, earlier this week my friend Sweet V and I went to the Koo Koo Roo for lunch. While waiting for our order to come up I notice this tweaky lady in a black suede coat and a baseball cap standing in front of the counter looking at the food. She's moving constantly, every part of her is just twitching and jerking, but in tiny little ways. She says to the guy behind the counter, "can I try one of those wings?" Now, this is not Baskin Robbins where they have little tiny spoons for which to test ice cream flavors. This is a fast food restaurant. It's like going into McD's and asking to try a chicken nugget. But, for some reason, the dude complies and gives twitchy a wing. "While you're there, can I have one of them potatoes?" He smiles and stabs a plastic fork into a potato wedge and serves it to her.

I am glued to this scene. It's lunch time and there is a huge line and yet twitchy just walks past everyone right up to the counter and starts sampling. Where does this sense of entitlement come from? She in no way looks like a homeless woman. She's wearing a very nice suede jacket and I see that she has very nice nails. I can't see her face behind the giant sunglasses and the baseball cap. But the voice, I think, it sounds familiar.

Twitchy, baseball cap, sense of entitlement...could it be? Is it? I can't say for sure, but I think that this crazy twitchy chicken eating lady is none other than Mrs. Bobby Brown. I turn to Sweet V to alert her to my sighting and when we turn back, Twitchy is gone. She's had her samples and that was that. She twitched right out of the Koo Koo Roo.

I will never know. But, you know what? I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it was her. Because it makes a much better story. So, yep. It was Whitney getting free samples at the Koo Koo Roo.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I once stood in line behind MC Hammer at an El Pollo Loco. Come to think of it, I also stood behind David Spade at that same El Pollo Locco. I loved that El Pollo Loco...

9:04 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger The Editor said...

I miss El Pollo Loco... and Poquito Mas... and Baja Fresh... I stood in line at Baja Fresh with Giovanni Ribisi. I miss their sleep-inducing vegie quesodillas. I wish they would have just handed over free food. That would have rocked.

9:40 PM, January 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I REALLY miss Baja Fresh. Chipotle doesn't even compare.

I used to run into celebrities and politicians at Borders all the time (go figure). I saw Prince scurrying around once. Oh, and eveyrone's favorite--Newt Gingrich!

6:17 AM, January 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...