Saturday, January 07, 2006

My Head is Full Of Crap


Ug. It seems every time I get on a plane I get sick. Sometimes it is immediate and other times it takes a few days for the little evil germs to make their way into my system. But it ALWAYS happens. This is no exception. I am currently battling a crappy nose full of snot that is just no fun at all. Last night I honestly thought I was having some sort of brain aneurysm because it felt like my head was just going to EXPLODE. I lay in bed with a pillow over my head while LA-B squeezed that pressure point between my thumb and forefinger trying to relieve some of the pressure.

As I lay there I conjured up many thoughts of how I might use my meat injector from the kitchen to squirt some sort of cleansing liquid up into my nose to flush all this yellow slimy glue from my system.

I know this isn't pleasant, but it is my day and I thought I'd share. Any tips? Any sure cures for relieving this hideous sinus pressure? Please, share before I snort this line of Draino!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

Considering I developed sinusitis while living in LaLa Land, I often feel like the unwitting expert on sinus pressure.

Things I do
1. HOT SHOWER with one of those new shower pucks
2. Head over steaming water with Eucalyptus oil in it (add some other oils, and it doubles as a facial!)
3. One of those gel masks--heat it up in the microwave, apply
4. Yes, horseradish, enough to make your eyes water
5. Humidifier
6. Stay away from dairy products as they help make mucous

The point is to moisten the sinus cavity as much as possible to start things moving around and using the eucalyptus to help clear you out.

At the very least, you have movement. My sinuses get packed up and stay that way. I would have paid cash money for a runny nose. Instead I get sinus headaches that are so severe, I am convinced that the back of my skull is going to blow out. Then I get sinus infections because all the crud is just sitting up there. I know I have an infection when my sinuses start to burn like someone dumped battery acid up my nose.

Me, I have gastro-intestinal troubles. Full details as the day progresses.

Saturday must be "Describe my Malady" Day.

12:08 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger la.barabbas said...

Oh my God. You guys are so gross.

3:39 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

golden seal echinacea drops and lots of vitamins. yikes! i am finally recovering from my little cold. Zicam nose drops also have proved to be effective. Oh, and watching lots of old Six Feet Under is incredibly effective as well.

4:08 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger earlnemo said...

I'd make the same expert-enematic offer I gave your sis, butt you are too far away. If Barab wants to give me a call, I'll talk him through it. Trust me on this: if you open up the bottom properly, the top will drain. Besides, a lil' colonic bliss never hurt anybody.
(come on B-man -don't be squemish. I know this won't be the strangest chore you've had to do, married into that clan.)

4:14 PM, January 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...