Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cat Therapy

Another day, another sinus headache. I woke up today much like I did Saturday. My head was pounding, I felt nauseous and HOT. I tried to stay in bed as long as I could. My theory was that if I was asleep, I wouldn't feel the pain. Trouble was I couldn't sleep anymore. I woke up around 5:30am and tossed and turned for the next 3 and a half hours. Finally at 9ish I dragged my sock monkey jammies out of bed and headed down stairs to face the day.

The cats were waiting impatiently for their breakfast and it took everything I had to stand up, pour kibbel, and make coffee. I can't tell you how LOUD that coffee grinder was. Ug.

So, as the coffee brewed, LA-B made his way downstairs to greet my grumpiness. He asked what he could do and I said "pet my head." In theory, it was a cure-all, but, in reality, it was more of an annoyance than anything. No, that would not be my miracle drug. Instead, I turned to the other end of the couch, threw a pillow over my head and blocked the world out. The next thing I remember was waking up to a strange rumbling on the back of my leg. No, I hadn't caught my sister's lower GI problem. The rumbling was the purring of my little Dynamite. He had crawled into the crook of my legs and purred my headache away.

YAY.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

Oh! I wuv Mr. Dy-No-Myte!

10:03 PM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger Kelvis said...

Tiger Balm eh? It is a sort of cat therapy, so, I'm game.

3:53 PM, January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...