Saturday, January 14, 2006

Tag I'm It

Well, I guess I have officially arrived in the world of blogging. I was tagged. Honestly, until just now, I had no clue what that meant, and I am still not entirely sure, but it does make me feel like I got picked early for the dodgeball game. So, here goes.

Apparently I am supposed to write about my top five weird habits. And, I am supposed to include the following paragraph.

The first player of this game starts with the topic five weird habits of yourself, and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says You have been tagged (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

Here's my list:

  1. I tend to be a pack rat. Now, I am not sure if this is actually weird. It certainly is common. By no means am I the only hoarder in the world and despite what my husband might say, my hoarding is actually fairly organized. Which leads to my next habit.
  2. Labeling. I love to label things. Not in a "racial profiling" or "judging a book by it's cover" sort of way. No, I actually put labels on things - everything. From my bins of thread to my Christmas decorations. LA-B likes to point out that I have labeled a box of pine cones. (remember #1 above). It's amazing that I have never invested in one of those fancy p-touch labelers but, just give me time.
  3. I am all set up and little or no execution. Please allow me to explain. I think it's bet illustrated by traveling back to my childhood. When playing with my Barbies, I would spend hours, days even, setting up. I'd make beds out of tissue boxes, chairs out of the plastic tops to hairspray cans, the list goes on and on. I would (along with my sister) set up these elaborate scenes for the dolls that rivaled any fancy storebought doll house. But, once it was all set up, that was it. I don't remember really playing with the dolls. And now, as an adult, I do that a lot. I spent months getting my "createry" all set up so I could create in here. I created a built in sewing table / fabric storage wall. I turned the walk in closet into a wonderland of shelves covered with plastic tubs filled with all of my tools and supplies (all meticulously labeled). I made this a workshop that Martha Stewart would be proud of. And now, eh, now that it's workable, I rarely actually work in here.
  4. I write letters BEFORE deciding to whom they are written. It used to be I would just sit down with a spiral notebook and start writing. By the end of the letter I would pick someone to send it to and add some sort of personal thing so they would know it was really to them. Since the advent of e-mail, I've found I still do the same thing. The nice thing is, though, that I can use a BCC header and send my random rambling to several unsuspecting friends. This blahG, oddly enough, is sort of the legitimization of this bad habit. Now I can write to my heart's content without ever having to choose any one particular person to whom I will send my rant. YAY.
  5. I am going to list this here with the very strong caveat that I do not think this is all that weird. I sleep with the TV on. I know Cup O'Joe included this habit on his list as I am sure many others will as well. To us, this seems perfectly normal. But to the weirdos who want pitch dark silence for their slumber, we are the odd ones out. The truth is my mind doesn't shut off when I lay down to go to sleep and if I don't have some televised distraction, I will just lay there and think about things. Things like the box full of wine glasses I acquired from the studio when we cleaned out the prop room (habit #1) or how I might fashion a hanging tag to go over the crystal decanters on the bar so I know which one contains dark rum and which holds the gold tequila (habit #2) or how I will frame out garden lattice with 2x4's and attach them to the walls of the patio so the cats can go outside and play and so that I can plant an herb garden and we can use the patio more effectively (habit #3) or should I write about the interview I am doing next week with a family who's daughter was beaten to a pulp by her husband, wrapped in duct tape and stuffed in a freezer (habit #4) or, if I was watching David Letterman right now, I bet I could get some freakin SLEEP.
So, those are my 5 weird habits. Truth be told I could probably list a whole bunch more. Now, I guess I have to tag 5 more folks to spill their innards. So, I will choose Pudgy Pigeon, CJ, Gutsy Girl, Vickie, and, in an attempt to get him to actually update his blog, my final victim shall be Allan. So, iffin any of you read this before I get a chance to e-mail you, feel free to start confessing your oddities.

9 Comments:

Blogger the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

you are the best. and now i am it. yikes. can i live up to the expectation, america, brace yourself....

4:18 PM, January 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of Sam Eagle from The Muppet Show, "You are a weirdo."

I like sharing with my friends(this means you), but I don't like tagging. Unless you're talking about graffiti. Then I really, really hate it. I even hesitate to post something because it will then appear like I'm someone who likes participating in tagging. To me, it's an online chain letter. Sure, it's fun for a little while, then when people catch on that you'll play along, it's Tag City.
Part of me is like, "get over yourself, Cam. It's just fun." and then I remember, that's how I treated the first chain letter I got. :: rolling eyes ::

10:13 AM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger Kelvis said...

It's cool, dude, I was just trying to send some eyes your way. But I get the "chain letter" thing. I promise never to tag you again.

4:00 PM, January 16, 2006  
Blogger Christine Jag said...

It's spreading faster than an STD! Thanks Kelvis, this was fun.

10:07 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger paddingfaiths said...



123.hp.com/envy4513

10:48 PM, March 11, 2019  
Blogger Ritchie ken said...

123.hp.com/ojpro8710

2:02 AM, March 18, 2019  
Blogger matthew john said...

123.hp.com/dj3700

3:34 AM, March 18, 2019  
Blogger David belton said...

123.hp.com/oj4656

3:54 AM, March 19, 2019  
Blogger Alex Jones said...

Writing is always my passion & has written creative articles that help HP Printer users to execute 123.hp.com/setup, software download, troubleshooting and much more. Start writing if you are interested and convey your ideas through writing. Contact me @ +1-844-876-5110 if you would like to know more about my profile

4:39 AM, October 18, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...