Saturday, April 08, 2006

Excuses Excuses

I want to post more often. I really do. Not that it seems that anyone is complaining about my absence, but I like to think at least a few people have been annoyed that my blog has been stuck on a picture of a half eaten wedding cake for almost a month. So, for those few, if they exist, I offer the following VERY VAGUE excuse.

I can't blog because what I WANT to write about I CAN'T write about. While it seems to have worked out ok for her, I really don't want to follow in the unemployed footsteps of Dooce. She's the blogger that got fired after her employer read her blog.

Rest assured, though, soon, very soon, I should be able to spill at least some junk.

In the meantime, LA-B, who is not a lawyer but who certainly watches enough Law & Order and People's Court to dispense legal advice with at least a modicum of validity, has advised me to write about stuff I do that might seem boring to me, but who knows, might just titillate the heck out of you.

So, here goes...

We drove over to Lake Balboa today to take a little walk around the lake. It was a lovely afternoon - finally sunny after rainy days all week - and my doc tells me I should be getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Babysteps, I say - so I will start with a leisurely stroll around the lake. As we parked the car, a floppy eared puppy leapt out of a beat up old car that was parked across the road from us. He desperately wanted to wrap his still growing jaws around the ass of one of the gaggle of geese that were crossing the road. As sadistic as it sounds, it was a sight I am certain I would have enjoyed if for no other reason than it would have made for a much more interesting post here. Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for the geese, his owner managed to scoop him up before any feathers were ruffled.

Well, there you go. That's all I got for today.

4 Comments:

Blogger la.barabbas said...

Huzzah! What fun! Dogs biting geese!

8:33 PM, April 08, 2006  
Blogger Kelvis said...

Well, Lynn, it that's the case, prepare to be very interested for a while!

10:56 AM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger evilisgood said...

Very often, if I can't write about what I want to write about, I sheathe it in fiction. Just a suggestion for you, my sweet.

1:17 PM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger The Editor said...

If I wrote about everything I wanted to write about, I'd have more enemies than friends.

Then again, I'm so busy lately, I can't write about things I can write about.

OMG! Puppies are sooooo GOOOOOD!

Remember the ducks at the Hollywood Cemetary all saying, "Bread. Bread. Bread"? Thank you guys for going with me that day. It meant alot.

7:09 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...