Monday, February 27, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.


Insert sound of needle scratching across the old vinyl here. I couldn't disagree with this more. All due respect to Paul Williams and Roger Nichols, but you guys are crazy. Rainy days rule - especially when they fall on a Monday. I suppose that is easy for me to say from my generally sunny SoCal location. Perhaps I would feel different if I were one of those poor Seattle kids who endure weeks if not months of rain with no sunshine to be seen. But for me, rain is about the only hint of a "season" that we get here in Van Nuys and I love it.

I especially loved it today when my boss let us leave at 1:30pm. We moved into our new loft offices and only a handful of our desks had been delivered. Mine was one of those that was in place and, realistically, I could have stayed and kicked off the new season, but when the boss says go home, who am I to argue. So, I hopped in the Focus, turned on the wipers and made my way home in record time.

Here's where the love of rain comes in. There is no better way to spend a rainy afternoon than curled up on a couch, covered in a quilt and flanked by felines. The pitter patter of rain on the window backed by the purring of the putty tats...ain't life grand? Really, this Valley Grrrl gots no complaints.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

Remember last year when we had all that endless rain? I loved that. I bought those pretty but heavy as shit rainboots, and as soon as they arrived, it didn't rain anymore. And now, in the wetlands of Fleaflicker, I won't wear the boots because I have a liteweight pair of plain, black, rubber boots that are far more comfy.

I love being flanked by one dog and one cat. They both snore... well.. we all three of us snore.

8:57 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Joe Powell said...

As a Hollywood Insider/Mover & Shaker, do you have an Oscar forecast for the upcoming event??

8:13 AM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Joe Powell said...

okay, now that the Oscars are over, you do have predictions NOW?

1:32 PM, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...