Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's a Christmas Miracle

I have to give a BIG shout out to Dave Lowe who made my day with his post about the restoration of Rudolph and Santa. I encourage you to visit the actual post because Dave is a super talented guy and you will surely get a bowl full of jelly laugh from some of his fantastic sketches, cartoons, comics - what is the proper term?

But, for now, I hope he won't mind if I "reprint" his post here along with the link to a really cool article.

Rudolph Restored!


From my stuff that I think is cool files...

Like many, I grew up watching, no worshipping the original 1964 Rankin Bass special- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Many influences in my work today I can trace back to it.

All of the original stop motion puppets were thought lost to the ages until 2005 when Rudolph and Santa were discovered being used as ordinary christmas decorations.

Here is a recent story on the restoration being done on these old friends. I personally hope they end up in the Smithsonian one day. Click on ...

Rankin Bass puppet restoration.
posted by -Dave at Friday, December 22, 2006

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Lowe said...

As the holiday's wind down this post was one of the best memories for Christmas 2006. I first read it when I came home after a long Christmas day. Your "shout" and nice words was an unexpected stocking stuffer.

Never forget...Bumbles bounce!

Thanks and all my best to you and family for a great new year,
Dave

7:23 PM, December 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...