Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dear Jurisprudence


After years of getting out of it, my number was called. I am on the jury. That's really all I can say right now.

On Monday I traded in my identity for that of Juror Number 9 and while I am not allowed to discuss anything about the case, just let me say that this entire process has made me wish I had gone to law school. I feel I've missed my true calling. It's so frustrating sitting there in the jury box when I know the system would be so much better served by me be allowed to shout emphatically things like "Objection your Honor - hearsay."

It's silly, really, that I never came to this conclusion before now. I mean, come on. What better job for a loud mouth argumentative bull headed kid like me. Um, strike that. I mis-characterized myself as a kid. The one trick would be that I don't so much like to lose. Yes, that IS a sticking point.

Anywhoooo, deliberations start Tuesday. I'll be sure to fill you in on all the dirty details next week once we come to a decision. Woooo Hoooo.