Tuesday, June 05, 2007

One ticket to Paradise

So, I know I'm not supposed to blaHg about work. But, this was too good to keep quiet. This morning, instead of fighting the traffic on the 101, I took the 405 to LAX where I boarded an ATA jet to HA.

Or is it HI?

It's HI I think. Hi. I am in Hawaii!!!

It's funny. Not ha ha funny, but quirky funny. This is my second trip to Hawaii in 10 years - both for work. And, sadly, both no fun.

I know, I know. Poor me. Kelvis has to work in Paradise. Since the handful of people that read this blaHg have jobs ranging from desk jockey to...well, no job at all, it seems pretty darn silly of me to complain about my current situation. In fact, I am not complaining really. Stick with me.

See, I landed today around noon and was shuttled to an amazing resort on Waikiki beach. It truly is the most beautiful place. Green and blue and sunny and clear and the sky, oh my, the sky is so blue and clean. And as I stood there, surrounded by the beauty, it hit me. Paradise was not here with the flamingos and the palm trees. It is back in the Valley with my heart.

Maybe it's the mai tai talking, but everything pales in comparison to life with LA-B and Tenacious G.

That said, the mai tai is pretty tasty!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, the valley's nothing but a crime-ridden smog hole when you're not around. Paradise lost indeed.

8:25 AM, June 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...