Thursday, December 06, 2007

Do

And so this is Christmas.

And what have I done.

Another year older.

And I got nuttin.

This here little blog is about to hit the 2 year mark and, as much as I enjoy the concept of it, I haven't exactly been the best maternal figure to it. For it? Ug.

I ran into an old (time not age) producer friend in the fabric store this week and she told me she reads my blog. Wow. I mean, I guess I knew SOME people read this thing because I get comments once in a while. But I was pretty certain I knew which 5 people in the world they were. So, this threw me for a loop. It also threw me because I was standing with a current producer friend whom I work with now and from whom I have been careful to keep the blog. Nothing personal, really, but I try very hard not to mix work with life. And while she has certainly crossed over that fine line, I didn't want to put her in the position of knowing about this.... whatever. Who am I kidding? It's not like I am Dooce or anything. I don't know why I kept it a secret.

I am rambling (which is why I rarely post). The reason I am writing is because the producer I saw in the store told me about her blog. I checked it out and, frankly, I am jealous. I want to post everyday with pictures of the fun stuff I am making and doing. I mean, the blogs I look at are generally those kinds of blogs. I spend hours looking at Angry Chicken and All Sorts and oh, so many great blogs. I dream of being the fun creative mommy like Amy. I want to buy Japanese craft books and make cute dresses. I want to decorate my house with cute little things that I've made with love and care. And I want to take pictures of those things and put them on my blog and have people go "oooo" and ask for me to tell them how I did it.

I have dreams, but dreams cost, and right here's where I start paying. So, hold me to this - all 5...I mean 6 of you who read this thing. Make me be all that I can be.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave Lowe said...

Reader number 7 here.

I don't know if this helps but all I have is my blog. Everyone close to me rolls their eyes when I get excited by something and want to talk about it, so I blog it.

I love reading my own blog every morning and think...
"Hey, this guy is just like me."

7:43 PM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Kelvis said...

Actually, you are number 4!

11:11 PM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Christine Jag said...

Do it do it do it.

Your audience awaits.
Love,
Reader (Insert # here)

11:36 PM, December 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which number am I?
I mean, I MADE the blog for you.

4:41 PM, December 11, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

now that i know it exists you can count me in as a reader too!!

5:35 PM, December 12, 2007  
Blogger Lisa said...

add me to your list of readers... if you tell people, they will read. that is, if you want them to read!

8:14 PM, December 12, 2007  
Blogger plaidbunny said...

Reader #.....
Just call me the "Outer" I shall insert my crafty foot back in my crafty mouth. But hey, the last time I opened my big mouth you hooked up with with someone from your old hood.
Sometime you win sometimes..not so much.
Have a great New Year

PS the christmas trees are great!

12:04 PM, January 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...