Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Question FIve

I saw this mini-meme on Cup O Joe and decided to play along. If you are a glutton like me, just follow the instructions below and leave me a comment.

Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.” I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don't have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1 -- If you could be a rock star, who would you be?

I think most people would expect me to go with the obvious here. However, as much as I love the KING, I can't say that I would want to BE Elvis. First and foremost, he's dead. Also, too much drama. Nope, if I were a rock star, I'd want to be one who has garnered a great deal of success while still managing to live a somewhat normal existence. For that reason, I would choose to be Larry Mullen Jr. As the time keeper for U2, Larry has mad cash for sure. He is arguably the best looking of the 4 Irishmen and has managed to avoid making many of the regrettable fashion faux pas to which his front man has fallen prey . Despite being a member of one of the most successful rock bands of all time, Larry can still walk down most any street without being bothered. Yep, I'd be Larry.


2 -- Since you're still a newish mom, what's been your favorite part of the parental experience?

Hands down - HUGS. Holding that snuggly little life form close, feeling her tiny heartbeat next to mine, her warm breath in my ear, her feather soft hair tickling my cheek - that's Heaven.


3 -- Is there a food or beverage that must always be in your home?

Wine.
Chocolate.

4 -- You've been hired to select any book you wish and make a movie out of it -- what do you
choose?

"Are You There God? It's Me Margaret." Not a "disneyfied" version, but a dark - "Ghost World" or "Welcome to The Dollhouse" sort of version. Hmmm, I wonder if the rights are available....

5 -- I hear people say this a lot, so I'll ask you: Where does the time go?

Time goes on ridiculous work trips and gets stuck in traffic. Time stands in line at the grocery store and sits on hold with the cable company waiting to complain that the internet is down again. Time has petty arguments with co-workers and stares mindlessly at entertainment gossip websites. Time settles a dent into the couch and gazes at the boob tube night after night after night after night.

Oh, if only Time would stop going to waste.

4 Comments:

Blogger la.barabbas said...

You know, you can always ask me anything you want...

8:55 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger The Editor said...

Ask me...!!!

11:13 AM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Christine Jag said...

Interview ME!

Ps, it's really taken me this long to figure out my fave 5 restaurants. That's like asking to choose from my children.

12:14 AM, August 05, 2007  
Blogger Joe Powell said...

fine choice for rock star! i'd have to choose either Booker T. or Steve Cropper, cause they got to play with some of the greats and they survived a heap of bad ju-ju.

9:04 AM, August 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...