Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sooooooo L.A.

Well, the time has come. I've finally "made it." I am officially Sooooooo L.A.

Why? You ask.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, a girl I used to work with was chatting with a girl I work with now. They thought, "ooo, we have to get together soon. We should have lunch. Oh, and let's invite Kelvis." So, girl I work with sends me an instant message asking when I was free. Time is very precious right now as the clock ticks down to the arrival of the Great Pumpkin. Lunches are hard to come by as it seems like I am always coming in late after touring a daycare or leaving early to go to a doctor's appointment or birthing class. Because of this, I told girl I work with that they should just go ahead and pick a day and if I can make it, great, if not, they can talk about me in my absence.

Flash forward to yesterday. I, in my pregnant absent mindedness, left my cell phone at home and wasn't able to check my voicemail till I got home around 8 or 9pm. Apparently I missed a very important call. The message went something like this.

Hello Ms. Grrrl, this is Melissa from Girl YouUsedTo - WorkWith's office calling in regards to your lunch for tomorrow with Girl YouUsedTo - WorkWith and Girl YouWork - WithNow. Unfortunately Ms. YouUsedTo - WorkWith is going to have to reschedule with you, Ms. Grrrl and Ms. YouWork - WithNow. If you could give me a call to let me know what your schedule looks like, I will try to find a time that works for you as well as Girl YouUsedTo - WorkWith and Girl YouWork - WithNow. OK? Great. Buh Bye.
I determined 2 things from that message:
  1. After more than a decade here in LA LA land, I have, for the first time, been the recipient of a call from a friend's assistant. Or, more appropriately, a friend has had her assistant call me to cancel lunch.
  2. I am the only person in LA with one last name. I'm thinking I need to get a hyphen so I can get an assistant to due my bidding for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger la.barabbas said...

Ooo, pick me! Take my name!

7:08 PM, August 25, 2006  
Blogger evilisgood said...

Hey, I have a hyphen! They're not all they're cracked up to be. Here in Florida especially. Of course, maybe if I moved to L.A. my hyphen would get me a minion.

Pumpkin comes soon, yes?

10:01 AM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< there's no place like home...