Sunday, March 16, 2008

No Sleep till.....ug

I remember when I was a kid I would give no grief to my parents about going to bed on Christmas eve. I figured out early on that the sooner I went to bed and to sleep, the sooner morning would come. With morning came the presents. I like presents.

I am no kid anymore but I just realized there is a dark flip side to that theory. While I WANT to go to sleep the night before something good happens, I DON'T want to go to sleep the night before something not so good happens. I've noticed lately that I will prolong Sunday night as long as humanly possible in hopes of postponing the inevitable Monday morning.

OK, I know it's not as if I have discovered the cure for cancer or the lost colony of Roanoke or anything. But it was an interesting "ah ha" moment for me.

By the way, for those of you that were concerned, thank you. But it seems that Tori Spelling won't be booking the gig to play me anytime soon. Not that work is paradise or anything, but the bizarro events of a few weeks ago seemed to have subsided.

For now.....